In our article “The most titled soccer club in Russia”, we will find out the name of this club, how many trophies it has, the % of wins, and who is the closest competitor.
In order to answer the question of the article, it is necessary to delve into the history of Russian soccer, which begins its countdown from 1992. We do not take into account the Soviet period, as the calculation will not be quite correct, and our purpose of the article is to analyze the 30-year period of the Russian Federation.
Summary table of Russian soccer championships (top 5):
From the table above we can see that so far the most successful in the championship of Russia is Spartak Moscow with 61.6% of wins, but far behind is Zenit St. Petersburg, whose winning percentage is 61.2%.
Of course, if we recall the history of the Russian Football Championship, Spartak Moscow holds the lead because of its dominance in the 90s. Six titles in a row – that’s a serious indicator, and if it weren’t for the bronze medal in ’95, it would have been 10 titles in a row.
Did you know what?
Igor Ponomarev, a soccer player of the Azerbaijani soccer club Neftchi, is the best performer of 11 penalty kicks during the Soviet times. He scored 24 consecutive penalties in matches of the national championships.
The most titled soccer club in Russia:
|Soccer Club||1st||2nd||3rd||Cup||Super Cup||UEFA||Total Titles|
* – the only draw of the Premier League Cup in 2003 was added to the accounting.
If we carefully examine the summary table of accounting titles of soccer teams in Russia, we can draw the following conclusions:
- The most titled football club in Russia (as of June 7, 2023) is Zenit St. Petersburg.
- The second place in titles is occupied by CSKA Moscow, yielding already 2 titles. In the 2022/2023 season, CSKA will be able to catch up with Zenit if it wins the Russian Cup and the Super Cup.
- Lokomotiv is the undisputed leader in the number of Russian Cups, and CSKA shares the leadership in the number of Russian Super Cups won with Zenit.
- Spartak Moscow, despite the “golden” 90s, has lost its lead in the total number of titles, but remains the undisputed leader in the number of titles of Champion of Russia. Perhaps, it is time for the soccer club to think about the efficiency of the game and concentrate on one thing in particular? For example, on the Cup or the Championship.
- All our clubs perform very poorly in UEFA. In 30 years only three trophies, 2 UEFA Cups, 1 UEFA Super Cup. It turns out that one trophy for 10 years.
If we count the total number of titles won by soccer teams during the Soviet period and the period of modern Russia, the most titled club in the history of Russian soccer is Spartak Moscow. On its account are 38 titles, in second place is PFC CSKA (34 titles), and the honorable third place is occupied by Zenit St. Petersburg (26 titles).
The most successful in the USSR is Spartak (23 titles), second place belongs to Dynamo Moscow (18 titles), and the third place belongs to CSKA (13 titles).
We hope that our article “The most titled soccer club in Russia” was informative and you have discovered new data. We are sure that you will find in the given statistics a lot of interesting things.